Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mail for Gees

Whaddup, G? I've been looking at Gmail, and here is what I especially like. First, much much much more memory. I have a "secret" yahoo mail account that I use for things like sending test emails from library patrons I'm helping, or saving a copy of a patron's document as time ticks down to zero, or entering silly contests, things like that. Free email services like yahoo and safemail seem to be much more limited than Gmail, and the user is constantly hit up to upgrade to a premium, non-free version of the service. (Will that happen with Gmail? We'll see.) Also, the organizational and search features are pretty nifty. I actually like it better than Groupwise. Finally, Gmail has the same clean and uncluttered look as other Google pages. I've created an account for my heretofore email-less son Sam. Later I will create one of my own and try to "migrate" the stuff from my yahoo account as Gmail suggests.
Now I feel like such a G.

No comments: