Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Everybody is on YouTube

Even those who think they are not. If you're not featured, you're in the background somewhere. Seriously. Everyone with a camera or a phone can put content up there. That Motorhead show you went to at the Newport? Okay, you didn't go, but I did, and I was not the least bit surprised to see eight or nine pieces on YouTube the next day. I first became aware of YT's archival aspect when my brother sent me links to clips from the 70s kids PBS show "Zoom." I was speechless. The beauty is, you can spend hours (in fact, up to 3 a day, if you're one of our patrons) hopping from one thing to another using the related content feature. Enter a word in the search box, something outlandish, something you just know won't be on there...and it will. Amazing. I've had a funky vid on my blog page for a month now--there it is, on the right. Take a look and see if it don't blow your mind.
Oh, and viddy this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Wt4mRA2bgThat's me, the scrawny one. Told you everybody was on it.

No comments: