Saturday, September 6, 2008

Never Be Bored Again!

Bloglines! Marvelous! Now I can simply sit here and be fed a steady stream of amusement! Never again will I have to strike out on my own in search of time-wasting diversions, for here they are, served up on a silver platter. Most convenient!

Of course this is useful, but only if you subscribe to practical, substantial feeds. But, let's be honest: who's gonna do that? No, we are going to subscribe to stuff like bizarre news stories, humorous pet photos, daily 80s TV trivia quizzes, that kind of stuff.

I've actually tried to balance my list. For every time-waster (New Urban Legends), I try to have a semi-work-related feed (NYT Book Review), or one that is socially redeeming (Obama!).

Hey, how about that Obama guy? Did you ever think we'd wake up from the nightmare and get a president we could actually be proud of? I know what Michelle Obama meant when she made her much-criticized comment. I, too, am proud of this country, and yet, let's face it, we're all a little embarrassed by our government. I'm no less embarrassed that there are millions in this country who voted for w, not once, but TWICE! If you still have a bush/cheney bumper sticker on your car, you are an idiot, completely beyond hope, and I will tell you that to your face. AAAA! SEE?! I knew this would happen. My blog has become a rant! I'm a ranter! I sat down and started typing without really having anything to say, and now I'm a rambling ranter! Look away, turn away now!

No comments: