Friday, October 24, 2008

Googledox

I get it...It's like a gigantic "shared work" folder. Instead of having a folder in the branch's or cmlinfo or youth services folder on the v-drive, you've got a depot out there somewhere that anyone with the appropriate password can edit. Marvelous!
I can see how this would be much more flexible, being able to work and collaborate from anywhere. I'd imagine that compatibility issues would not be completely vanquished--for instance, if one wanted to save the document into a file on one's own computer? Have to play around with it a little more...

...Maybe after the election. I am totally distracted these days. I keep refreshing msnbc to see if the poll numbers have changed. I'm giddily anticipating the election night party. Oh-Bam-Ah! Oh-Bam-Ah! It has been so long since I've voted for a winner. I'll be glad when we can look back and laugh, and when we can tell our grandkids that, yeah, this Palin woman was actually on the national ticket. ("No! Seriously?" "Yes. Oh yes." "You're making that up, gramps. There's no way." "I kid you not, sonny boy." "You guys must have been freaking out!" "Yup. It was hilarious and terrifying at the same time. Now run along and fetch grandpa a cold one.")

No comments: